Hello World Documentation

• Hello Everyone/Anyone! 😁

I know absolutely zero about Kendryte but I need help on Kendryte preferably through some beginner (a la Hello World) documentation. I have been told by Sipeed and Seeed for their Maixduino and AI HAT boards respectively that my issue lies with the Kendryte library support.

Here is what I have done based on the documentation provided by these board manufacturers:

Maixduino:

• Using Ubuntu 19.04 desktop client, I installed the Arduino IDE 1.8.9.
    • I installed the K210 library.
    • Tried to upload the standard Blink example but it would not upload to the board
    • Contacted Sipeed and logged a bug report; I was told that the issue is being closed at their end because Sipeed cannot do anything about this error - it is a Kendryte library issue supposedly. I do not know who to believe.

Raspberry Pi AI HAT

• Using Rapbian Buster desktop client, I installed the Arduino IDE 1.8.9.
    • I installed the K210 library (I noticed that the screen shot in the documentation had been photo-shopped because version number was missing in the screen shot - this is highly unusual and unprofessional)
    • Tried to upload the standard Blink example but it would not upload to the board
    • Contacted Seeed and logged a bug report; I was told that the issue is being closed at their end because Seeed cannot do anything about this error - it is a Kendryte library issue supposedly. I do not know who to believe.

I understand the development challenges with new and bleeding edge products. In addition to technical challenges, there are budget, resource and marketing considerations that play major roles. All I need is some acknowledgement that someone is working on the issue. I am not even looking for a release date! If no work is being done to solve these reported issues then please be honest with us and let your customers know. The cost of the boards (<$20) is meaningless. On my part, I could have made mistakes at many steps along the way but it would be helpful to know that nothing will be done about it. I have a hard time to believe that the latter is the case since Kendryte is publishing many success stories for other platforms. What is stopping Kendryte from fixing the Arduino library issues?

My questions are:

• Can someone at Kendryte help me?
    • Is their any official documentation that I can follow to ensure that I have the correct toolchain installed for my two environments - Ubuntu 19.04 and Raspbian Buster?

I have been trying to get answers since the end of May for Maixduino and beginning of July for AI HAT. Nobody wants to respond directly to my inquiries. Some peers have told me best of luck but I have no official response except to see my issues being closed without a satisfactory resolution. Please help!!!

Xie xie.