Maixduino will not Blink with kendryte K210 library

• Board: Sipeed Maixduino
    Port: /dev/ttyUSB0
    Programmer: k-flash
    Code: standard Arduino Blink example (unmodified)

Code upload to the Maixduino board fails. The output pane has the following messages at the tail end:

Downloading ISP: |=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================| 100.0% 
    [INFO] Booting From 0x80000000 
    [INFO] Wait For 0.1 second for ISP to Boot 
    [WARN] Timeout Error, retrying... 
    'MAIXLoader' object has no attribute 'raise_exception'
    the selected serial port 'MAIXLoader' object has no attribute 'raise_exception'
     does not exist or your board is not connected

What should I do to get the Maixduino board to blink the on-board LED as per standard Arduino basic example? Seeed technical support stated that this a kendryte library issue. I have zero knowledge in these matters. All I want is to run some basic Arduino exercises to understand the kendryte library a little better. Any help/guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

Xie xie.